lørdag den 16. januar 2010

Found a place ^_^

Normally I'm not that happy about getting animals from pet shops, but yesterday I was visiting this one big shop, and they may have all the animals I want ^_^
It used to be a very bad store in my opinion, but they changed owner a year ago, and it seams like it's a cool place now.
They have all these theme days, where they get people to come and speak about animals, and when I talked about the danish chinchilla club, and that I know people in the GP and ferret club, they got all exited and got my name... That's so cool.

But the cool thing is, they can get long eared hedgies, and as far as I could understand, they will be able to tell me what subspecies they have. That is so cool. It's very rare to find people who know what subspecies they have, and if I want to breed the hedgie at one point, I really need to find out what subspecies I have.

They can also get african pygmy dormice and asian/garden dormice.
The had a lot of persian jirds and some duprasi, animals I've been looking into.
I see duprasi from time to time, but they are mostly bread for feeding, and even though a pet store duprasi might not be the best animal when it comes to genetics, I would rater have such an animal than a feeder animal because I think the risk of inbreeding with feeders a greater.
When it comes to jirds the most common one is the mongolian gerbil.
I've also seen the shaws jird from time to time, but it's rare to see any other species.

I know it's possible to get ADS's from breeders from time to time. I haven't seen the asian ones here though. I know they are in germany and holland.

So I'm happy at the moment, I know where to get a lot of species I really want.
Now I just need to contach one from DCKF (Danish Chinchilla Pet Association) and talk about speaking in the store :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar